The highlights of the issue
- Analytics of contemporary processes: A. Moskovskaya “When poverty is more important than inequality: shifts and changes of the context”; Yu. Parfenova “Social stock exchanges: the first international experience”.
- Russian news: Continuation of the work on the projected law on social entrepreneurship, the first forum of the All-Russian Association of the Blind, etc.
- International news: World competition of the leaders of social entrepreneurship of Schwab foundation, improvement of the Law on social value in Great Britain and other issues.
- Cases: Social enterprises for city life.
Article of A. Moskovskaya “When is poverty more important than inequality? The difference of interpretations and the situation in Russia”
This article is a response to recent interview of new minister of Economics of Russia Maxim Oreshkin to Kommersant daily, in which the minister associated lowering barriers for the economic growth in Russia with overcoming poverty and lack of human resources. Alongside, he claimed that the problem of poverty is more relevant to the Russian economy than that of inequality.In her article, Moskovskaya A. offers five variants of response to the question what is more relevant – poverty or inequality, depending on socio-economic and political context of a certain country, the relevance of the Russian situation to each variant is discussed..
The issue includes:
- the studies: “They had better not hinder the process” covering the views of international social entrepreneurship leaders about the state (some results of studies, held by the Centre of social entrepreneurship and social innovations of the NRU HSE in 2013-2015)
- Analytics: Presenting the old law to the new Duma (on preparation of the draft on social entrepreneurship in Russia)
- foreign press news: Should the universities have social entrepreneurship on their curriculum?
- News of Russia: A new start to governmental support of socially relevant NCO
- Practical studies: At the European commission they teach state employees to promote the part of citizens in social innovations.
Now we are presenting the Sixth issue of the bulletin “The world of social entrepreneurship”. The issue covers the points of scaling social innovations, the results of the international rating of social entrepreneurship (Thompson) and the barriers to its development in Russia, international cases in the field of water resources management with the use of social innovations
Staff members of the Center for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies presented their reports during the 5th EMES International Research Conference on Social Enterprise, which took place on June 30 – July 3 in Helsinki.
On May 26, 2015, a business forum took place at VDNKh in Moscow. The event was organized by the Moscow city Department of Science, Industrial Policy, and Entrepreneurship. The session called ‘Social entrepreneurship. New opportunities’ turned out to be the most popular and went on longest. It was headed by Alexandra Moskovskaya, Director of the HSE Center for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies, and Anna Shaikhutdinova, co-founder of the intellectual volunteering programme PRODobro.
On March 18, 2015, the HSE Center for Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Studies and Rutgers University held a joint seminar ‘Social Entrepreneurship Problems in Russia and the U.S.’.
22 Russian regions and 22 universities took part in the conference.